Baked Coconut Chicken Strips
from Back to Her Roots
- 2 large boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- White flour
- 2 eggs
- Splash of milk
- Salt and Pepper
- Equal parts unsweetened coconut and panko bread crumbs
- Olive oil spray (can sub other cooking spray)
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Place chicken breasts in a large zip-top bag and pound down to about 1/2″ thickness. Slice into 3/4″ strips.
- Mix panko and coconut in one bowl, season with salt and pepper. In a separate bowl, whisk together eggs and splash of milk. In a third bowl, add the flour.
- Dredge the chicken strips starting in the flour, then the egg mixture and then ending by pressing into the coconut/panko mixture. Lay onto a greased baking sheet. Spritz tops of strips with olive oil spray.
- Bake 10-12 minutes, flipping halfway through cooking time, or until cooked through. Serve with sweet chili sauce to dip.