Peanut Butter Pie
Beat together the cream cheese and sugar. Mix in the peanut butter and milk, beat until smooth. Fold in the whipped topping.Spoon filling over crusts and freeze until firm.
Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
Clean the delicata squash by running under warm water.
With a sharp knife, cut delicata in half lengthwise. With a spoon scoop out the seeds and discard. Cut each delicata half into 1/2 inch segments, creating moon-shaped pieces that have slight bumps around the curve.
Place in oven and roast 10 minutes. Using a spatula, turn the squash in the pan so that the light sides are now touching the pan and the brown sides are facing upward.
Cook the rice according to the package instructions.
Drain and rinse the black beans. In a large microwave-safe bowl, combine the beans, salsa, corn, a quarter cup of cheese, cumin, chili powder, and cayenne. Add salt and pepper to taste. Heat the filling for about 2-3 minutes in the microwave (or until warm), stirring after each 30 second increment. Stir in the rice.
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Grease a 2-quart casserole dish with butter or cooking spray.
In a medium bowl, toss together the oats, spices, salt, and baking powder. In a separate bowl (or in a large measuring cup), whisk together the maple syrup, milk, egg, melted butter, and vanilla.
Spread the diced apples in a single layer in the bottom of the prepared casserole dish, and top with about two-thirds of the raisins. Cover the fruit with the oat mixture. Drizzle the milk mixture over the oats, distributing as evenly as possible. Sprinkle the remaining raisins over the top of the oats.
Bake the oatmeal for 30-40 minutes*, until the top is golden brown and the oats have set. Remove the oatmeal from the oven and serve hot with additional maple syrup, if desired.
Notes: I baked this oatmeal for 30 minutes the first time and it was a little dry. The second attempt was baked for 25 minutes and it was much, much better.
2 heads broccoli, cut into large florets
2 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
5 cloves garlic, peeled and sliced
salt & pepper
1 teaspoon lemon zest
squeeze of fresh lemon juice
parmesan cheese to taste
5-6 leaves fresh basil, sliced
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Lay broccoli and garlic slices out on a large cookie sheet and drizzle with extra virgin olive oil, salt & pepper. Toss to coat and roast for 15-18 minutes, or until garlic and tips of broccoli are golden brown (don’t over-cook as garlic will taste bad if burnt.)
Combine squash, broth, garlic, and milk in a medium saucepan; bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to medium, and simmer until squash is tender when pierced with a fork, about 25 minutes. Remove from heat.
Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt and fat; drain well.Notes: I didn't have the listed cheeses, so I just used cheddar, a little cream cheese and parmesan instead. It still tasted awesome, and was creamy and gooey.
1 cup unsalted butter
1 cup white sugar
3/4 packed brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 tsp salt
1 1/4 cups unsweetened cocoa powder
1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
Directions for cookies:
1. Heat oven to 350 degrees.
2. In a large bowl, cream together the butter, brown sugar and white sugar until light and fluffy. Add the vanilla extract and then the eggs one at a time, beating well with each addition. Combine the salt, cocoa, flour, baking powder and baking soda and gradually stir into the creamed mixture.
3. Shape dough into 1 1/2 T sized balls and place on a baking sheet. Flatten cookies slightly with the bottom of a drinking glass or your palm.
4. Bake 8-10 minutes or until the cookies are puffy and the tops are cracked, but still soft. Allow cookies to cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.
1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
2 T brown sugar
2 1/2 cups flour
1 13 oz container marshmallow creme
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 tsp salt
1/3 cup mini chocolate chips
1. With an electric mixer, cream butter until fluffy. Add sugar and beat well. Add flour and beat until all the flour is incorporated. Add remaining ingredients and beat until mixture is smooth. (It will be fairly thick).